Alternative Student Loans
A Community First Exclusive!
Still short on tuition funds after FAFSA, federal loans and financial aid” Community First's alternative student loan is designed to assist you in borrowing additional funds, at an affordable rate, to achieve your educational goals.
Why is Community First's alternative student loan right for you”
- Rates as low as Prime to Prime + 6%, adjustable semi-annually
- No closing costs, fees or hidden charges
- Convenient Online Application
24/7 access to your application for students, co-signers and co-borrowers, no matter where they live!
Quick approval decisions
Easy electronic closings, no branch visits are necessary
Secure and confidential with unique profiles for borrowers and co-borrowers that each can manage confidentially
Responsible: School certification of expenses helps to avoid over-borrowing for your education.
Easy disbursements: Tuition, room and board and meal plan expenses will be disbursed directly to your school to meet expenses. Excess funds will be refunded to you by the school.
Deferred payments: While in school at least half-time and for six months after leaving school.
- Student must be a Community First member
- Co-Signers/Co-Borrowers must be Community First members with an active checking account and full direct deposit*
- Student must be enrolled at least half-time at an approved school
* If the student qualifies without a co-signer/co-borrower, the student must be a Community First member with an active checking account and full direct deposit.
Our specialized student loan application makes it easy to apply anytime from anywhere for both students and co-signers. Whether you are applying for the first time or a returning student borrower, please use our checklist
to ensure you have the right information available to complete your application.
Use our Application Checklist
to gather the information you need to make completing your application easy!
If you have questions regarding your application or loan status please call
1-866-869-9617.Can Community First finance my federal loans too”
Community First does not finance federal loans. Make sure to contact your school's Financial Aid Office for more information on federal loans and other financial aid options.