Lending Manager - Call Center
Hours: Full Time
The Lender By Phone Manager is responsible for providing direction, ongoing coaching and development, and day-to-day oversight of the Lender By Phone (LBP) team. The Lender by Phone Manager drives results and promotes exceptional member service within the LBP team and across the credit union. The Lender By Phone Manager manages, directs, and administers departmental operations and business development efforts, ensuring quality and compliance in a high volume consumer lending environment. Demonstrating expertise in consumer lending, the Lender By Phone Manager works with cross-functional teams to streamline practices and processes; develops innovative solutions; recommends strategic direction; and removes barriers to success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assumes overall responsibility for the department, including administration, budget, planning, and operations
- Helps design and implement work flow processes and practices from set-up through post-closing that result in efficient and accurate loan processing and closing and ensures the highest levels of productivity and quality
- Provides outstanding, quality service to external and internal members
- Monitors call volumes and traffic to ensure members are helped in a timely manner
- Conducts training, coaching, and continuous development of the team
- Coaches team to increase cross-sales
- Develops and reports on performance metrics and goals
- Establish customer service delivery standards and monitor service levels against such standards on a regular basis
- Ensures lending practices are performed in accordance with organizational and regulatory guidelines
- Interacts with members to resolve complaints and concerns
- Provides guidance in resolving complex or challenging loan transactions to yield the best possible outcome while giving team the opportunity to develop and recommend the solution
- Develops and documents department procedures and practices
- Utilizes lending expertise to identify lending trends and best practices; brings trends and suggestions forward to leadership
- Works closely with a variety of cross-functional teams on projects and other objectives
- Performs other duties as assigned
Community First Credit Union is a financial cooperative of people helping people - we are member-owned, and live our name by putting our members, employees, and the community first. We are one of Wisconsin's largest credit unions, with over $2.8 billion in assets and 130,000+ member-owners. We have won the annual Post-Crescent Best of the Valley Award for Best Credit Union since 2008. We offer a professional environment; daytime hours (no Sundays!); great benefits - including a pension- to full time and part time employees, including paid holidays, paid time off, retirement benefits, and a work apparel allowance; and unparalleled opportunities to get involved in the community and make a difference in people's lives.
We're excited about who we are and what we do. On top of all of that, we are a financially stable, growing organization - looking for the right people to share our vision on a long-term basis.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Minimum of five years of lending experience.
- Prior supervisory experience is preferred.
- Experience working in call center is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of products and services offered.
- Strong analytical skills to assist in monitoring and enhancing performance.
- Effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to manage change and resolve conflicts.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office products experience - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Create a career you can be proud of and share our dedication to be a strong partner within the communities we serve! This is your opportunity to be part of a team where everybody counts, everybody cares and everybody delivers-every day!
- Have or be able to obtain a Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) number.
- Must be bondable.