Hours: FT & PT
The custodian works closely with the facility team to maintain and protect our facility. The custodian is careful and thorough in working, cleaning and tidying the premises. A meticulous attention to detail and diligence is critical for this role. The custodian has the primary responsibility for cleaning the facility in such a way to promote health and safety while reducing the spread of infection. The custodian will follow daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedules.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows and completes the daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedule
- Clean, dust, and wipe furniture; sweep, mop, or vacuum floors
- Wash and sanitize toilets, sinks and showers
- Wipe mirrors and windows
- Collects and bags all garbage from the facility, placing the tied bags in a closed dumpster and handle recycling materials as directed
- Sweeps and/or shovels entrance walkways as necessary
- Refills paper towel, tissue, toilet paper and hand soap in all dispensers
- Spot cleans floors as needed
- Ensure spaces are prepared for the next day
- Report items needing maintenance and repairs
- Secure facilities after operating hours by ensuring doors are locked
- Assist with the setup of facilities for meetings, classrooms, events, etc.
- Use equipment for the cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, furniture, etc.
- Follow instructions as directed regarding the use of chemicals and supplies
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Below is the prerequisite education and experience necessary.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES:
- High School Diploma/GED/HSED is required
- Proven experience as custodian, janitor or in a similar role
- Attention to detail and conscientiousness
- Knowledge of use and maintenance of industrial cleaning equipment and appliances
- Knowledge of safe disposal of chemical liquids and other hazardous components
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work independently
- Meticulous attention to details
- Strong time management skills
Must be bondable Blood borne pathogens certified (or able to be certified)