October 19, 2015
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Construction will begin soon on a new home office and full-service branch for Community First Credit Union on an undeveloped parcel northwest of U.S. 10 and County CB in the Town of Menasha.
A groundbreaking ceremony was held today on the nearly 24-acre parcel west of CB and between W. American Drive and U.S. 10. The event included a symbolic tree planting featuring soil from Community First’s 22 full-service branches and 9 non-traditional branches in schools and retirement communities located throughout 14 counties in Northeastern Wisconsin.
Upon completion in the spring of 2017, 250 employees from the current home office will relocate to the 120,000-square-foot, new facility and branch. The current 58,000-square-foot home office at 2626 S. Oneida Street opened in 1995. when Community First had $177 million in assets and 166 employees at six locations. Since then membership has tripled, employment more than doubled and assets have grown to more than $2.2 billion.
“It was important to us to keep Community First in the Fox Cities where we were founded 40 years ago,” said Community First President/CEO Catherine Tierney. “Our Board of Directors is excited to have found an attractive and accessible site that will expand our branch network, and enable us to continue to serve our growing family of member-owners.”
Community First Credit Union is a member-owned financial cooperative serving 120,000 member/owners who live and work in Northeast and Central Wisconsin. It has over $2.2 billion in assets, 437 employees, and operates 22 full-service branches along with nine non-traditional branches in schools, retirement communities and the Wisconsin Veterans Home at King, Wis.
Community First Home Office Project Details
· Site: 23.6 acres at southwest corner of County CB and W. American Drive (north of U.S. 10), Town of Menasha.
· Building size: 120,000 square feet
· Town of Menasha TIF District: The Town of Menasha created its first Tax Incremental Financing District to assist with the project. Under the agreement, Community First will serve as developer and finance installation of site improvements including stormwater management facilities sufficient to serve its home office as well as other development land nearby. That is expected to help attract additional tax base to the TIF district and the town.
· Employment: Upon completion, approximately 250 home office employees will be relocated to the new home office. Another 20 employees will be hired to staff the new on-site branch. Community First will continue to operate a branch on South Oneida Street in Appleton.
· Anticipated Completion: Spring 2017
· Construction Manager: Miron Construction Co., Inc.
· Architect: Performa Inc., De Pere
Community First Growth At-A-Glance
| 1975 |
| 1995 |
Oneida Street Home Office Opened
| 2015 |
| Assets |
| $90,000 |
| $176.9 million |
| $2.2 billion |
| Members |
| 181 |
| 46,524 |
| 119,859 |
| Employees |
| 6 |
| 166 |
| 437 |
| Branch Locations |
| 1 |
| 6 |
| 22 |
Community First Credit Union