Senior Human Resources Generalist
The Senior Human Resource (HR) Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with leaders in supporting their functional areas. The Senior HR Generalist must exercise discretion and judgment in support of various HR functions, work proactively on projects individually and as part of a team. As a generalist, they will have responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruitment/employment, employee relations, performance management, workerís comp, benefits back-up, onboarding, policy implementation, employee and supervisor coaching, and employment law compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for the position.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Performs recruitment efforts for exempt and nonexempt employees to include consulting with hiring managers, writing, and placing job postings
- Conducts new-employee orientations
- Participates in employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling, stay interviews, and exit interviews.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve the efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Assists Benefits Specialist as a benefits back-up
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ethical Practice
- Cultural Awareness
- HR Expertise
- Relationship Management
- Change Management
Directly supervise employees in accordance with the organizationís policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; coaching, mentoring and development planning; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
A bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or other related field or equivalent experience.
Five to eight years of HR Generalist experience, or a master's degree in HR management and two years of experience in HR management
Certifications and/or Licenses
Valid driverís license with satisfactory driving record
PHR or SHRM-CP preferred
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Must be able to build and maintain effective relationships with all levels of employees
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner with all levels within the organization
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Microsoft Office skills with strong experience using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to show judgment and initiative to accomplish job duties in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of local, state and federal employment laws and procedures
- Knowledge of sourcing and recruitment trends and technologies
- Knowledge of HRIS systems and efficient use of reporting capabilities
- Strong knowledge of employee relations procedures and applicable laws
- Prior benefits experience is preferred
- Strong consultative and coaching skills
- Strong business acumen
- Strong Project Management skills